.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pedantry Digest

Photo journal and then some. All rights reserved.
  jaclynkaye (at) gmail (dot) com

16 October 2006

 
As of Monday, 9th October, I'm back in Toronto. All the photos from my UK holiday have been posted, so feel free to have a look through the archives. (For the sake of reference, note that I left on Thursday, 28th September.)

----------

Housemate, friend, and ever-willing model (wonderfully!), Ross, ran the Toronto Marathon yesterday. It was his first and he ran it in remarkable time. Bother him for more details. He's too modest to brag about it appropriately, so you're going to have to prod him a bit. Don't feel the least bit guilty about doing so; I have taken it upon myself to make sure that he learns how to show off a little and you might as well help.

Here he is, one day post-marathon-ing, sporting his finisher's medal and stylish foil shock victim/distance runner blanket. (I don't think it's a coincidence that the two kinds of people get lumped together--there's some truth in that blanket categorisation.) Ross just wanted to take a photo or two for proof/posterity; naturally, I turned it into a photo-shoot.

The lad is so patient with me.







Forgive me for being somewhat lewd, but I had to take advantage of this opportunity (that is, a minor change of wardrobe) to point out just one of the many benefits of co-ed housing. Hello.




*cough* Anyway...

...fully-clothed yet again. I'm trying to convince Ross to take up a part-time career in modelling--I believe it'd be a rather lucrative business for him.










I see this expression of his a lot. As far as I can tell, it's part general amusement, part boyish giddiness, and part mischief.







Finally, some editing fun for me. In the former case, serious (simulated) underexposure with a lot of colour saturation and contrast adjustments to make it work. In the latter case, minor overexposure (in an already darkened room with a lit tank) as Ross confers with the fish.





Comments:
You've achieved two brilliant things here. Firstly, the photo of marathon man and the fish tank - that is now my all time favourite photograph. Seriously. If I have an album cover one day, can I use it? We don't need to ask Ross. Secondly, this description: "I see this expression of his a lot. As far as I can tell, it's part general amusement, part boyish giddiness, and part mischief." This is a perfect description, it really is. You are documenting him excellently, and history will thank you.
 
Ah, Kieran, comments like this put me in such a good mood. In fact, it was the first thing I read this morning (after my alarm clock--number reading). :-)

Firstly, thank you! I'm tickled pink (and a variety of other colours) that I've created someone's "all time favourite photograph". And, yes, for heaven's sake, use it on your album! Even Ross is amenable to that. You just have to include on the album at least one song in tribute to Ross and/or the fish and/or the photographer.

Secondly, it's good to get an opinion in agreement of my description. The thing is, as much as that's a description of the expression, I think it pretty well describes the man over all.

Ross |raws| Brit. noun 1. Part general amusement, part boyish giddiness, part mischief 2. Oh, captain, my captain.
 
thanks for the photghraphs.left me smiling through a tear.
 
Has he taken the medal off yet?
 
anonymous, while I try not to make people cry with my photography, I'm glad you liked the photos anyway.

button, he actually barely wore it at all. I've seen him with it on for a grand total of, like, 5 minutes since I saw him upon his return from the race.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

04/09/05   04/10/05   04/11/05   04/12/05   04/13/05   04/14/05   04/15/05   04/16/05   04/17/05   04/18/05   04/19/05   04/20/05   04/21/05   04/22/05   04/23/05   04/24/05   04/25/05   04/26/05   04/27/05   04/28/05   04/29/05   04/30/05   05/01/05   05/02/05   05/03/05   05/04/05   05/05/05   05/06/05   05/07/05   05/08/05   05/09/05   05/10/05   05/11/05   05/12/05   05/13/05   05/14/05   05/15/05   05/16/05   05/17/05   05/18/05   05/19/05   05/20/05   05/21/05   05/22/05   05/23/05   05/24/05   05/25/05   05/26/05   05/27/05   05/28/05   05/29/05   05/30/05   05/31/05   06/01/05   06/02/05   06/03/05   06/04/05   06/05/05   06/06/05   06/07/05   06/08/05   06/09/05   06/10/05   06/11/05   06/12/05   06/13/05   06/14/05   06/15/05   06/16/05   06/17/05   06/18/05   06/19/05   06/20/05   06/21/05   06/22/05   06/23/05   06/24/05   06/25/05   06/26/05   06/27/05   06/28/05   06/29/05   06/30/05   07/01/05   07/02/05   07/03/05   07/04/05   07/05/05   07/06/05   07/07/05   07/08/05   07/09/05   07/10/05   07/11/05   07/12/05   07/13/05   07/14/05   07/15/05   07/16/05   07/17/05   07/18/05   07/19/05   07/20/05   07/21/05   07/22/05   07/23/05   07/24/05   07/25/05   07/26/05   07/27/05   07/28/05   04/09/06   04/10/06   04/11/06   04/12/06   04/13/06   04/14/06   04/15/06   04/16/06   04/17/06   04/18/06   04/19/06   04/20/06   04/21/06   04/22/06   04/23/06   04/24/06   04/25/06   04/26/06   04/27/06   04/28/06   04/29/06   04/30/06   05/01/06   05/02/06   05/03/06   05/04/06   05/05/06   05/06/06   05/07/06   05/08/06   05/09/06   05/10/06   05/11/06   05/12/06   05/13/06   05/14/06   05/15/06   05/16/06   05/17/06   05/18/06   05/19/06   05/20/06   05/21/06   05/22/06   05/23/06   05/24/06   05/25/06   05/26/06   05/27/06   05/28/06   05/29/06   05/30/06   05/31/06   06/01/06   06/02/06   06/03/06   06/04/06   06/05/06   06/06/06   06/07/06   06/08/06   06/09/06   06/10/06   06/11/06   06/12/06   06/13/06   06/14/06   06/15/06   06/16/06   06/17/06   06/18/06   06/19/06   06/20/06   06/21/06   06/22/06   06/23/06   06/24/06   06/25/06   06/26/06   06/27/06   06/28/06   06/29/06   06/30/06   07/01/06   07/02/06   07/03/06   07/04/06   07/05/06   07/06/06   07/07/06   07/08/06   07/09/06   07/10/06   07/11/06   07/12/06   07/13/06   07/14/06   07/15/06   07/16/06   07/17/06   07/18/06   07/19/06   07/20/06   07/21/06   07/22/06   07/23/06   07/24/06   07/25/06   07/26/06   07/27/06   07/28/06   07/29/06   07/30/06   07/31/06   08/01/06   08/02/06   08/03/06   08/04/06   08/05/06   08/06/06   08/07/06   08/08/06   08/09/06   08/10/06   08/11/06   08/12/06   08/13/06   08/14/06   08/15/06   08/16/06   08/17/06   08/18/06   08/19/06   08/20/06   08/21/06   08/22/06   08/23/06   08/24/06   08/25/06   08/26/06   08/28/06   08/29/06   08/30/06   08/31/06   09/01/06   09/02/06   09/03/06   09/04/06   09/05/06   09/06/06   09/07/06   09/08/06   09/09/06   09/10/06   09/11/06   09/12/06   09/13/06   09/14/06   09/15/06   09/16/06   09/17/06   09/18/06   09/19/06   09/20/06   09/21/06   09/22/06   09/23/06   09/24/06   09/25/06   09/26/06   09/27/06   09/28/06   09/29/06   09/30/06   10/01/06   10/02/06   10/03/06   10/04/06   10/05/06   10/06/06   10/07/06   10/08/06   10/09/06   10/10/06   10/11/06   10/12/06   10/13/06   10/14/06   10/15/06   10/16/06   10/17/06   10/18/06   10/19/06   10/20/06   10/21/06   10/22/06   10/23/06   10/24/06   10/25/06   10/26/06   10/27/06   10/28/06   10/29/06   10/30/06   10/31/06   11/01/06   11/02/06   11/03/06   11/04/06   11/05/06   11/06/06   11/07/06   11/08/06   11/09/06   11/10/06   11/11/06   11/12/06   11/13/06   11/14/06   11/15/06   11/16/06   11/17/06   11/18/06   11/19/06   11/20/06   11/21/06   11/22/06   11/23/06   11/24/06   11/25/06   11/26/06   11/27/06   11/28/06   11/29/06   11/30/06   12/01/06   12/02/06   12/03/06   12/04/06   12/05/06   12/06/06   12/07/06   12/08/06   12/09/06   12/10/06   12/11/06   12/12/06   12/13/06   12/14/06   12/15/06   12/16/06   12/17/06   12/18/06   12/19/06   12/20/06   12/21/06   12/22/06   04/18/07  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?