.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pedantry Digest

Photo journal and then some. All rights reserved.
  jaclynkaye (at) gmail (dot) com

12 April 2006

 
Tonight's posting is brought to you by the letter 'D.' As in 'dinner.' I am pleased to announce that this entry combines my two favourite activities: cooking and photography.

Inspired by a recipe from my current favourite food blogger, I made a frittata for supper. I would have followed her recipe exactly, but I had to make adjustments according to my own dietary restrictions. So, while hers was already gluten-free (that covers the first major constraint on my list), I also had to make mine dairy-free and soya-free (the second and third major constraints). Technically, hers was already free of soya, but taking out the dairy usually leads one to use a soya alternative...which just isn't going to happen in my kitchen.

A final comment about frittatas: What makes them so wonderful is not only their simplicity (the first step can most easily be described as, 'Rummage through your refridgerator for leftover whatever...'), but also how they serve to remind one that the method of cooking can make just as large a difference as the ingredient. Everything I used tonight (Yukon Gold potatoes roasted in olive oil and a homemade blend of seasonings, grape tomatoes, fresh Italian parsley, and eggs) could have very well turned into an omelette of the typical form and texture, but throwing the whole thing in the oven resulted in a more quiche-like structure (sans crust, of course) and a fluffier texture.

Location: Kitchen counter. Ingredients: Eight scrambled eggs, chopped parsley, twelve grape tomatoes (halved), and several potatoes' worth of roasted Yukon Gold goodness (not pictured). Observation: My perfectionism is so deeply embedded in my personality that I did not notice until I was finished that I had lined up my sliced tomatoes in a 2x6 structure.




The uncooked dish in a 9-inch pie pan. The metal pan was fine for cooking, but a clear glass one would have given me more photographic options.




The final product cooling before I consumed nearly half of it in one sitting.




There are people who pity me for my limited dietary options. To them, I offer this picture of what is not an uncommon sort of meal for me. What did you have for dinner?


Comments:
God, that looks absolutely delicious! Yukon Gold are my most favorite potato.
 
Thank you! *big grin* It was mightily tasty and so stupidly easy to make.

I agree with you on the Yukon Golds, though I can't claim to have one favourite sort of potato--it just depends on what I'm making. Yukon Gold for a frittata, sweet potato so winter soups, standard baking potato for my father's kick-ass (truly the only way to describe it) spicy, dairy-free potato-leek soup, and purple for mashed potatoes.

Is there anything potatoes can't do?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

04/09/05   04/10/05   04/11/05   04/12/05   04/13/05   04/14/05   04/15/05   04/16/05   04/17/05   04/18/05   04/19/05   04/20/05   04/21/05   04/22/05   04/23/05   04/24/05   04/25/05   04/26/05   04/27/05   04/28/05   04/29/05   04/30/05   05/01/05   05/02/05   05/03/05   05/04/05   05/05/05   05/06/05   05/07/05   05/08/05   05/09/05   05/10/05   05/11/05   05/12/05   05/13/05   05/14/05   05/15/05   05/16/05   05/17/05   05/18/05   05/19/05   05/20/05   05/21/05   05/22/05   05/23/05   05/24/05   05/25/05   05/26/05   05/27/05   05/28/05   05/29/05   05/30/05   05/31/05   06/01/05   06/02/05   06/03/05   06/04/05   06/05/05   06/06/05   06/07/05   06/08/05   06/09/05   06/10/05   06/11/05   06/12/05   06/13/05   06/14/05   06/15/05   06/16/05   06/17/05   06/18/05   06/19/05   06/20/05   06/21/05   06/22/05   06/23/05   06/24/05   06/25/05   06/26/05   06/27/05   06/28/05   06/29/05   06/30/05   07/01/05   07/02/05   07/03/05   07/04/05   07/05/05   07/06/05   07/07/05   07/08/05   07/09/05   07/10/05   07/11/05   07/12/05   07/13/05   07/14/05   07/15/05   07/16/05   07/17/05   07/18/05   07/19/05   07/20/05   07/21/05   07/22/05   07/23/05   07/24/05   07/25/05   07/26/05   07/27/05   07/28/05   04/09/06   04/10/06   04/11/06   04/12/06   04/13/06   04/14/06   04/15/06   04/16/06   04/17/06   04/18/06   04/19/06   04/20/06   04/21/06   04/22/06   04/23/06   04/24/06   04/25/06   04/26/06   04/27/06   04/28/06   04/29/06   04/30/06   05/01/06   05/02/06   05/03/06   05/04/06   05/05/06   05/06/06   05/07/06   05/08/06   05/09/06   05/10/06   05/11/06   05/12/06   05/13/06   05/14/06   05/15/06   05/16/06   05/17/06   05/18/06   05/19/06   05/20/06   05/21/06   05/22/06   05/23/06   05/24/06   05/25/06   05/26/06   05/27/06   05/28/06   05/29/06   05/30/06   05/31/06   06/01/06   06/02/06   06/03/06   06/04/06   06/05/06   06/06/06   06/07/06   06/08/06   06/09/06   06/10/06   06/11/06   06/12/06   06/13/06   06/14/06   06/15/06   06/16/06   06/17/06   06/18/06   06/19/06   06/20/06   06/21/06   06/22/06   06/23/06   06/24/06   06/25/06   06/26/06   06/27/06   06/28/06   06/29/06   06/30/06   07/01/06   07/02/06   07/03/06   07/04/06   07/05/06   07/06/06   07/07/06   07/08/06   07/09/06   07/10/06   07/11/06   07/12/06   07/13/06   07/14/06   07/15/06   07/16/06   07/17/06   07/18/06   07/19/06   07/20/06   07/21/06   07/22/06   07/23/06   07/24/06   07/25/06   07/26/06   07/27/06   07/28/06   07/29/06   07/30/06   07/31/06   08/01/06   08/02/06   08/03/06   08/04/06   08/05/06   08/06/06   08/07/06   08/08/06   08/09/06   08/10/06   08/11/06   08/12/06   08/13/06   08/14/06   08/15/06   08/16/06   08/17/06   08/18/06   08/19/06   08/20/06   08/21/06   08/22/06   08/23/06   08/24/06   08/25/06   08/26/06   08/28/06   08/29/06   08/30/06   08/31/06   09/01/06   09/02/06   09/03/06   09/04/06   09/05/06   09/06/06   09/07/06   09/08/06   09/09/06   09/10/06   09/11/06   09/12/06   09/13/06   09/14/06   09/15/06   09/16/06   09/17/06   09/18/06   09/19/06   09/20/06   09/21/06   09/22/06   09/23/06   09/24/06   09/25/06   09/26/06   09/27/06   09/28/06   09/29/06   09/30/06   10/01/06   10/02/06   10/03/06   10/04/06   10/05/06   10/06/06   10/07/06   10/08/06   10/09/06   10/10/06   10/11/06   10/12/06   10/13/06   10/14/06   10/15/06   10/16/06   10/17/06   10/18/06   10/19/06   10/20/06   10/21/06   10/22/06   10/23/06   10/24/06   10/25/06   10/26/06   10/27/06   10/28/06   10/29/06   10/30/06   10/31/06   11/01/06   11/02/06   11/03/06   11/04/06   11/05/06   11/06/06   11/07/06   11/08/06   11/09/06   11/10/06   11/11/06   11/12/06   11/13/06   11/14/06   11/15/06   11/16/06   11/17/06   11/18/06   11/19/06   11/20/06   11/21/06   11/22/06   11/23/06   11/24/06   11/25/06   11/26/06   11/27/06   11/28/06   11/29/06   11/30/06   12/01/06   12/02/06   12/03/06   12/04/06   12/05/06   12/06/06   12/07/06   12/08/06   12/09/06   12/10/06   12/11/06   12/12/06   12/13/06   12/14/06   12/15/06   12/16/06   12/17/06   12/18/06   12/19/06   12/20/06   12/21/06   12/22/06   04/18/07  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?