.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pedantry Digest

Photo journal and then some. All rights reserved.
  jaclynkaye (at) gmail (dot) com

15 April 2006

 
All photos today are from the miserable-but-well-stocked John P. Robarts Research Library.

13th floor, Yellow Apex.




View from St. George Street, looking at approximately the 4th through 14th floors.




Looking straight up at the cieling. I've spent hours of my life in Robarts ignoring my work with my head back, intending to stare off into space and having the view blocked by these damn triangular imprints and flourescent lights.




Another view from St. George Street at street level.


Comments:
Aw, poor thing. Turns out that they are, in fact, open until midnight. Even Jesus can't stop the wrath of Robarts.

Did you know, by the way, that there is a machine in the basement of Robarts that slowly drains the souls of the building's occupants? It's true. They use the energy to heat and light the stacks.
 
Hey jerk. Can you have peanut butter if its natural?
 
and by jerk I mean J-acklyn.
 
Retard would be for R-oss. Or digimon collector. Ask him to tell you that story!
 
Odd that you should choose 'Jerk' as my nickname. Because my initials are JRK and I had an acquaintance in high school with the same initials, whenever he and I saw each other, we'd greet each other with, 'Jerk.' :-)

Anyway, yes, peanut butter is fine. Peanuts were listed somewhat high on my intolerance list when I was tested, but I've never actually felt myself have too many problems with them, so I suppose I can. (Just no excessive amounts--the oils hurt.)

Why do you ask?
 
Because next time I'm in Toronto I can make you and Ross my famous peanut curry. I'll leave out the tofu for you. It has broccoli, green beans, peas, water chestnuts, bamboo sprouts, rice, if you can have it, it can always be left out, and then its topped with my peanut sauce. The sauce is peanutbutter mixed with water to make it saucy, and then salt and ground ginger are added, and also sugar if you can handle it. its AWESOME. Back when Ross and I first were a couple, I was studying abroad in England at Oxford (thats how we met) and his friends from London were visiting so I made my Peanut dish. This girl who must remain nameless in case she reads this (ask Ross about the sloppy drunk who's name starts with 'R') was present and insisted on sticking her gross fingers into the bowl of food, eating, LICKING HER GOD-DAMNED FINGERS AND PUTTING THEM BACK IN THE BOWL!!! I spent SO LONG making that thing, and she ruined all of the leftovers. GAG! I still want to hit her with a bag of flour for that one...
 
Oooo, that sounds delicious--count me in! Hopefully, Ross and I will have settled in the new place by then (we've found the third person, so now we just have to pray and wait for a suite to open up) and we can have a cosy supper all together in the same home.

And, for what it's worth, when I was more aggressively trying to avoid peanuts, I used almond butter in my sauces when it called for peanut butter. It's just as nice, with a slightly milder taste. (I do still eat almond butter en masse--it's delightful on a lightly salted rice cake.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

04/09/05   04/10/05   04/11/05   04/12/05   04/13/05   04/14/05   04/15/05   04/16/05   04/17/05   04/18/05   04/19/05   04/20/05   04/21/05   04/22/05   04/23/05   04/24/05   04/25/05   04/26/05   04/27/05   04/28/05   04/29/05   04/30/05   05/01/05   05/02/05   05/03/05   05/04/05   05/05/05   05/06/05   05/07/05   05/08/05   05/09/05   05/10/05   05/11/05   05/12/05   05/13/05   05/14/05   05/15/05   05/16/05   05/17/05   05/18/05   05/19/05   05/20/05   05/21/05   05/22/05   05/23/05   05/24/05   05/25/05   05/26/05   05/27/05   05/28/05   05/29/05   05/30/05   05/31/05   06/01/05   06/02/05   06/03/05   06/04/05   06/05/05   06/06/05   06/07/05   06/08/05   06/09/05   06/10/05   06/11/05   06/12/05   06/13/05   06/14/05   06/15/05   06/16/05   06/17/05   06/18/05   06/19/05   06/20/05   06/21/05   06/22/05   06/23/05   06/24/05   06/25/05   06/26/05   06/27/05   06/28/05   06/29/05   06/30/05   07/01/05   07/02/05   07/03/05   07/04/05   07/05/05   07/06/05   07/07/05   07/08/05   07/09/05   07/10/05   07/11/05   07/12/05   07/13/05   07/14/05   07/15/05   07/16/05   07/17/05   07/18/05   07/19/05   07/20/05   07/21/05   07/22/05   07/23/05   07/24/05   07/25/05   07/26/05   07/27/05   07/28/05   04/09/06   04/10/06   04/11/06   04/12/06   04/13/06   04/14/06   04/15/06   04/16/06   04/17/06   04/18/06   04/19/06   04/20/06   04/21/06   04/22/06   04/23/06   04/24/06   04/25/06   04/26/06   04/27/06   04/28/06   04/29/06   04/30/06   05/01/06   05/02/06   05/03/06   05/04/06   05/05/06   05/06/06   05/07/06   05/08/06   05/09/06   05/10/06   05/11/06   05/12/06   05/13/06   05/14/06   05/15/06   05/16/06   05/17/06   05/18/06   05/19/06   05/20/06   05/21/06   05/22/06   05/23/06   05/24/06   05/25/06   05/26/06   05/27/06   05/28/06   05/29/06   05/30/06   05/31/06   06/01/06   06/02/06   06/03/06   06/04/06   06/05/06   06/06/06   06/07/06   06/08/06   06/09/06   06/10/06   06/11/06   06/12/06   06/13/06   06/14/06   06/15/06   06/16/06   06/17/06   06/18/06   06/19/06   06/20/06   06/21/06   06/22/06   06/23/06   06/24/06   06/25/06   06/26/06   06/27/06   06/28/06   06/29/06   06/30/06   07/01/06   07/02/06   07/03/06   07/04/06   07/05/06   07/06/06   07/07/06   07/08/06   07/09/06   07/10/06   07/11/06   07/12/06   07/13/06   07/14/06   07/15/06   07/16/06   07/17/06   07/18/06   07/19/06   07/20/06   07/21/06   07/22/06   07/23/06   07/24/06   07/25/06   07/26/06   07/27/06   07/28/06   07/29/06   07/30/06   07/31/06   08/01/06   08/02/06   08/03/06   08/04/06   08/05/06   08/06/06   08/07/06   08/08/06   08/09/06   08/10/06   08/11/06   08/12/06   08/13/06   08/14/06   08/15/06   08/16/06   08/17/06   08/18/06   08/19/06   08/20/06   08/21/06   08/22/06   08/23/06   08/24/06   08/25/06   08/26/06   08/28/06   08/29/06   08/30/06   08/31/06   09/01/06   09/02/06   09/03/06   09/04/06   09/05/06   09/06/06   09/07/06   09/08/06   09/09/06   09/10/06   09/11/06   09/12/06   09/13/06   09/14/06   09/15/06   09/16/06   09/17/06   09/18/06   09/19/06   09/20/06   09/21/06   09/22/06   09/23/06   09/24/06   09/25/06   09/26/06   09/27/06   09/28/06   09/29/06   09/30/06   10/01/06   10/02/06   10/03/06   10/04/06   10/05/06   10/06/06   10/07/06   10/08/06   10/09/06   10/10/06   10/11/06   10/12/06   10/13/06   10/14/06   10/15/06   10/16/06   10/17/06   10/18/06   10/19/06   10/20/06   10/21/06   10/22/06   10/23/06   10/24/06   10/25/06   10/26/06   10/27/06   10/28/06   10/29/06   10/30/06   10/31/06   11/01/06   11/02/06   11/03/06   11/04/06   11/05/06   11/06/06   11/07/06   11/08/06   11/09/06   11/10/06   11/11/06   11/12/06   11/13/06   11/14/06   11/15/06   11/16/06   11/17/06   11/18/06   11/19/06   11/20/06   11/21/06   11/22/06   11/23/06   11/24/06   11/25/06   11/26/06   11/27/06   11/28/06   11/29/06   11/30/06   12/01/06   12/02/06   12/03/06   12/04/06   12/05/06   12/06/06   12/07/06   12/08/06   12/09/06   12/10/06   12/11/06   12/12/06   12/13/06   12/14/06   12/15/06   12/16/06   12/17/06   12/18/06   12/19/06   12/20/06   12/21/06   12/22/06   04/18/07  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?